Labels

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Books books books

I just read and completed Pride and Prejudice today!
.......
Ok dont give me that look~~

I know its a major fail for someone (meeee)who claims to be a mega book lover and not having read the infamous Jane Austen's classic. And also a major fail for me being a literature student and all. lol

I did try to read it,ok?
I was 12 when I did
It was so dry and boring for me then.
I was too into my Harry Potter fantasy to even bother flipping another page after the first chapter of Pride and Prejudice.

Taste do change as you grow older I realize,
maturity sets in :)
Nowadays most books I buy are those I wouldnt normally read during my teenage years,
I've always felt that if the characters are old(like way beyond teens), and if there's no good looking guys and no romantic elements to a story it's a no-no.

These days I find comfort in heart-warming stories depicting family love, revolving around arising hope and such.

Though I still enjoy a good fantasy novel, they are really a joy to read :) I still love Rick Riordan's work. After Percy Jackson I chased after the new trilogy of the new Hero and the other story of the Egyptian gods. I love Twilight I would not deny that, people hate it because of the fad. But honestly, the story is good. Another even better Stephanie Meyer novel is The Host.


And yeap! its gonna come into the cinemas next year~
Just looking at the poster makes me wanna reread it again 
-when I just finished it in one day 2 months ago.

Oh Books books books
If only I have time
Ill just lie down on my favourite couch
and read you all day long~~





No comments:

Post a Comment