Labels

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Snow White and the Hunstman

SPOILER.
Do not proceed if you have not catch this movie!



Initially I thought it's gonna be a cat chase mouse story, with Thor chasing Bella around trying to kill her. Now I must really question the term Huntsman for.. wait what was Chris Hemsworth's character's name?- Oh thats right, just Huntsman. He wasnt even a huntsman to begin with~

Turns out the major twist in this movie is that the initially hired assasin a.k.a rugged huntsman becomes an ally to Snow White and tries his best to keep her away from the queen and danger. Leading her to the fortress of a duke, the king's former loyal subject, the huntsman finds himself falling for the princess.

Now I had mixed feelings after watching this. In all, the movie serves as another dark gloomy twist on legendary fairy tales that has been for around ages. Though hard it tries to potray 'dark and gloomy', it wasnt really... there? If you want dark and gloomy, check out the latest Red Riding Hood starring Amanda Seyfried! Now thats a fairy tale twist that keeps your toes on!

The things I like though are the location the films were shot at. The landscape's breathtaking and the fairy's sanctuary was so dreamy, so lovely :)

I couldnt really capture Kristen Stewart's lovely innocent vibe though.
Troll takes a look at her and becomes all soft and submissive,
I look at her and all I see is a confused girl with her mouth opened most of the time!

Not only that,
Snow White's struggle throughout the movie as an escaped captive with a heavy burden to lead the nation- is not that evident, not strongly portrayed. The part where Snow White rises from the dead and begins shouting sense into the people didnt move me one bit! Sure Kristen's voice gave impact, but her facial expression, the passion, the momentum.. hmm.. lacking?

Her love scene with her childhood friend William or actually the queen in disguise makes me wonder at her ability to not stammer, to look not so sullen when engaged in conversations. Can she ever look straight to the eyes and pretend she actually enjoys the moment?

And the next thing you know, Snow White's all tough and manly in Armour charging towards the palace.

The ending wasnt what I expected to be, so short, so fast is the change of hands of the kingdom. The Queen should have a better come back, better plot to overcome Snow White before being stabbed to death!

Being a romantic, I was disappointed by the lack of emotional tension! The love story doesn't really pull on your heart strings nor does it make you flutter by like some other love scenes do.

But! Charlize did a great job being queen :)
For once I felt sadness for the wicked queen, the movie shows her past, her tears and her sorrows, the driving force that led her to what she is.
She is really a beauty.

Anyway I heard there will be a sequel,
and I wonder what could there possibly be to make a continuation?
I'd still watch it though,
just for my glorious haired Thor.
LOL




My Pick on Actresses who should be Snow White :)



Emilia Clarke
(She's from Game of Thrones!)



Victoria Justice




India Eisley
(If you remember, she plays Selene's daughter in Underworld!)

I already bought her innocence first hand!
Look at that face!
Though she is abit young, 18 years old..
She'd look like Thor's I mean- the Huntsman's daughter!



Alexandra Daddario
My perfect pick!


Beauty, innocence, wit, bravery and courage all pack in one!
She can be real soft and sweet looking (at least I'd really believe in all that innocence smish smosh for once) and then all battle-clad hardcore, warrior princess in a second!

By the way she's 26! And Kristen's 22!
Yet she looks way much younger~


No comments:

Post a Comment