Labels

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sushi Tei @ Tropicana City Mall

Hello :)

Today was a blissful day indeed!
Got to see my boyfriend and spent the whole day with him~
We went to Tropicana City Mall to redeem my prize from Red. Fm, which is by the way a RM 100 dining voucher at a restaurant called Cameron Valley~ (Yay me! I dont know how many times I won things from Red. Fm. Lol )

Anyway before we get to catch the latest Snow White movie, we looked around Tropicana for some good restaurant. Initially we wanted to go into Pasta Zanmai, but the crowd's crazy! It was full house right at lunch time~~

Sooo we opted for Sushi Tei :) Actually I've been here last year, a treat for Kat's birthday. According to my memory, the food's not bad.





What attracted us was the set lunch meals,
They were quite reasonable.. ranging from RM 15-30.
I didnt manage to take a pic of the menu though! too hungry~ 

But here are what we ordered :)


Chicken Teriyaki and Salmon set
@ RM 21.80

At a price of RM 21.80, this meal is so worth the penny :)
The chicken is extremely delicious, Teriyaki sauce like no other ~ i think i detected peanut sauce?
Good quantity, was enough to share for two
The salmons are huge and oh boy, were they fresh!


More close up of the salmons!



Why pay RM 7 or 8 for meager small sushi with small salmon when you can get these chunks plus yummy chicken, rice, soup and chawanmushi @ RM 21.80?

Get this if you do visit :)
Highly recommended!


Sanma Kabayaki 
@ RM 15.80

This was just okay, it is basically spicy seafood rice with clamps, tuna and salmon rolls~
It was a tad bit too spicy though, the rice I mean.
Just makes my eyes water, so I dont recommend this to people with a low tolerance for spicy food!

Other than that, the unagi-look-alike Tuna fish is yummy :) 


Our sets both come with Chawanmushi and miso soup.



This is perhaps the tastiest chawanmushi I've had.
Of so many ones I've tasted, Sushi Tei's ones are rich in flavour! Mushrooms chewy, egg tofu just right, a little hint of chicken meat and there's even a little ginko seed to chew on.

This really opened up our appetites!


The Miso Soup is just..okay though. 


More photos :)
The ambiance is really cozy :) Soft orange lights and stylish interior~








Hmm Japanese food business here in Malaysia's so competitive!
I think each of them have their unique standing,
Here in Sushi Tei I'm all about their set lunches :) 
Compared to Pasta Zamai's (which are quite small in portion) 
Sushi Tei's really filling!
And oh! The salmon. Really, its good!



Tropicana City Mall
Lot-G-16, Ground Floor
Jln SS20/27, PJ 47400
03-77289299



No comments:

Post a Comment